Thursday 14 May 2009

i dance during some services at church. not school dance-style, not club-style. more interpretive. this past sunday was the first time i flew solo, without a parter or the whole group. after practicing for weeks and plotting out what i was going to say that morning in the shower, the first service went rather well.

however i was astounded by the people that met me after service, saying my dancing had brought them to tears, they were so moved, etc. i was a tad perplexed as to how me, swirling about at the front of the church moved people to tears. but i think i was gracious, and thanked everyone profusely.

i was unnerved again, when my youth pastor informed me that the head pastor had been moved by my dance as well. i'm not supposed to have this much power...right?

perhaps not power, that's not the right descriptive word. but i felt a bigger weight on my shoulders after sunday, rather than a release. i wasn't just watching after a small group of dancers, a small sect of the youth group, i was watching over the congregation, leading them in something that i always thought should be led by someone much older than i.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also, i voted for kris allen several times on american idol. just sayin'. and daughtry came out with a new single, which is excellent (no matter the connotation you choose to hear it in). plus, if you have a free minute, go look up mitchell davis on youtube. he's hilarious, and from ohio. i enjoy thinking that i would be like him if i was a boy.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that feeling the first time I realized that people were really listening to what I had to say and that it MATTERED... You are indeed a leader in this church and it is a very good and joyful thing. :) you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete