Wednesday 13 May 2009

my terrible mircofiction.

The fly, before it hit the light, remembered what outside looked like. Clouds, sharp skylines, breezy grass. Pushing thoughts of freedom away, he made impact. (25 words)

My father, insane and angered, raged into the room. I have been shaped so much by my father’s anger, I am no longer surprised. Mother cowers, a lamp shatters on the ground. Father changes direction, I wait for him to decide. Father pulls my older brother outside, belt in hand. (50 words)

Under a dim streetlamp, Maria met Leo for the last time at dusk. Leo would be packed into a cramped boat during the oncoming dawn, to fight a war he never believed in. Tender words pierced the foggy air, hands intertwined. Neighbors looked on from windows, sighing with the romantics. Small bugs fluttered around the streetlamp, and Maria listened to Leo’s last goodbyes. Shifting his weight from one foot to the other, Leo grasped for the right words to leave Maria with. Promising to write, he shouldered his backpack and turned, only to be shot down from a drive-by shooting. (100 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment