Sunday 17 May 2009

I only have a few rules. I feel like I should address one of them.Rule #1: Don't ever use the words "retard" or "retarded" around me.For those of you that don't know, my brother Ryan is Autistic. So at the age of 14, he acts and learns like a 4 year old. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother. He's everything to me. If I lost him, I would probably die. The bond between us? It's something you will find nowhere else.Now back to my reasoning for hating those words. I've beat up several kids for making fun of Ryan back in the day, when they would hurt him and call him names. The hate for their insults has been instilled in me, and it will always stay with me.Isn't saying "wow, that bio test was retarded!" the same as saying "wow, that bio test was autistic!" or "wow, that bio test was mentally challenged!" I think it is. That's why I cringe when someone says "retard" or "retarded."How is it worthwhile to make fun of a friend by calling them "retarded"? It's like me walking up to you, slapping you on the back and going, "hey aspbergers boy! how's it going?" Or making fun of you by calling you "retarded" ("you are so downs syndrome!").I don't get it.I know you may not understand where I'm coming from, since we all come from different walks of life. Nevertheless, I ask, think before you speak. Please don't use those words around me.Thanks in advance.


listening to: "all the above" by t-pain and some other fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment